The Apple MacBook Air is a high-end laptop that offers excellent performance and a sleek design. The display is vibrant and the resolution is sharp. The keyboard is comfortable to type on and the touchpad is highly responsive. The MacBook Air is also lightweight and portable, making it easy to take on the go. The battery life is impressive and can last up to 12 hours. The performance of the MacBook Air is also top-notch, thanks to the powerful processor and sufficient RAM. The speakers are also quite good. However, the MacBook Air is quite expensive compared to other laptops and it doesn’t come with a touch screen. Overall, the MacBook Air is a great choice for those looking for a high-performance, portable laptop with a premium design and excellent battery life.
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.
- Simply Compatible – All your existing apps work, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft 365, and Google Drive. Plus you can use your favorite iPhone and iPad apps directly on macOS. Altogether you’ll have access to the biggest collection of apps ever for Mac. All available on the App Store.
- Easy to Learn – If you already have an iPhone, MacBook Air feels familiar from the moment you turn it on. And it works perfectly with all your Apple devices. Use your iPad to extend the workspace of your Mac, answer texts and phone calls directly on your Mac, and more.
Reviewed in the United States on January 9, 2023
Setup was very easy.. it just cloned everything on my iMac that I wanted to transfer over. The screen is bright and easy to see even for me. The keyboard feels good and the trackpad works well. There’s a fingerprint ID to unlock it… very convenient.
This is the M1 MacBook Air. I purchased it shortly after the M2 MacBook Air came out. It was 18 months old but that’s what provided the exceptional price. The M2 based MacBook would be faster and offered MagSafe charging, and a brighter display. There were also several handy ports lacking on the M1 model. But the M2 has an overheating problem that the M1 doesn’t. I didn’t think these features were work several hundred more dollars.
This M1 MacBook is fast enough and has reasonably good battery life. But there are a few drawbacks that I was aware of before I made the purchase:
The only ports are a headphone jack and two Thunderbolt connectors. To solve this issue, I bought a small dock.
You’re buying the base model with a 128g solid state drive. This is less than ideal but there are workarounds. First, you can purchase an inexpensive drive (solid state if possible) and offload some things to that drive. Another option is to upgrade your iCloud storage to 50gb for .99 cents a month.Is this a good deal? The answer is YES!