It’s like many of us have just gotten a double whammy, we want to help the environment and go green, but we are struggling to keep our heads above water and can’t afford to buy more expensive green products.
The good news is that you don’t need to spend more to be green. While it’s true many organic foods and green household products do cost more money, there are other things that you can do that will help the environment and actually save you money.
Most of these things revolve around your energy use either at home or in your car.
To cut back on the amount of fuel your car uses try these simple steps: drive less by combining trips when possible, make sure you have clean air and oil filters, and properly inflate your tires.
None of these steps will save you so much that you’ll be the next millionaire, but the diminished fuel use will help you and the planet.
There is even more potential for saving on fuel costs around your home. The biggest part of most household budgets are heating and cooling costs. If you take some simple steps to be more fuel efficient around your home you can really save a bundle.
Some of the things you can do in your home is to make sure it’s properly insulated, have your furnace inspected to make sure it’s running properly and change the filters monthly, replace or repair leaky windows and doors.
If you want to do even more to save money on fuel costs you can actually generate your own electricity. That’s right, technology has advanced to the point where it’s now feasible to have your own small wind turbine.
You can easily build one yourself for a couple hundred dollars with parts from your hardware store in just a few days. One turbine can save you about 80% on your utility bills.
So go for it, take steps to go green and save money, it’s easy.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense