If you’ve been wondering if it really is worth it for you to build your own wind turbine, keep reading. I’ve wondered the same thing myself so I did some research. This is what I found.
1. Wind power is a good source of energy pretty much anywhere in the country, since there is wind every where.
2. If you want a turbine, you shouldn’t buy one. The cost to buy one is over a thousand dollars and it will take you a long time to make that money back.
3. You can build your own turbine. It will only cost a few hundred dollars. You don’t need any special skills or knowledge.
All the materials you need can be found in any hardware store.
4. One turbine won’t be enough to provide all the electricity your home needs.
5. With one turbine you can expect to generate about 60% of the energy your home needs.
6.One turbine can save you about 80% on your utility bills.
7. The electricity from your turbine can be used immediately or stored in inexpensive batteries for later use.
8. Combining wind power with solar power might be a good choice for you. By combining both you can benefit when the weather is sunny or overcast but windy.
9.Solar panels are a viable option but because you need a lot of sunny days it may not work for everyone. You also can’t generate electricity at night.
I know that one turbine won’t be enough for me to go completely off the grid. For now, though, I’m content to save some money on my utility bills.
After the research I’ve done I’ve decided that for me installing my own wind turbine is a great option. I hope that this information can help you decide for yourself if a turbine is the right way to go.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense