You’ve probably noticed that no matter what subject it is if you ask 10 different people a question you’ll get 10 different answers. Whether or not getting your own domestic wind turbine makes sense is no different.
There are those that say that getting a turbine for home use is a waste of money. They say that in order to generate enough electricity for your house you would need a huge turbine or more than one.
With most turbines costing thousands of dollars to buy and have installed, it seems like they may have a point.
A lot would also depend on how long you’re planning to stay in your home.
There is another option though, building your own turbine. Building it yourself would level the playing field significantly. You can build your own turbine in a couple of days and it will only cost the price of the parts, usually no more than a couple hundred dollars.
All the parts you need are readily available at any hardware store and there are many places you can get a manual that will walk you through the whole process step by step.
Since one turbine can be enough to generate almost 60% of the electricity you’ll need for your home and with the cost of building your own less than a few hundred dollars it seems like a good investment to me.
If, on the other hand, you want to pay for a pre-built turbine and have someone install it for you at a cost of a few thousand dollars you have to realize that you will still recoup your investment, it’ll just take longer.
Whatever you choose to do, build your own turbine or buy one, either way having your own domestic wind turbine is a good way to save yourself a considerable amount on your utility bills.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense