Trying to figure out which source of clean energy is the right one to use? I know it can be confusing, there are a lot of choices and a lot of different opinions. Two of the most popular, and accessible, sources are wind power and solar power. In this article I’ll give you a brief overview of each type.
Everyone has heard of solar panels, and while I don’t pretend to understand the science behind how they work I do know that basically they absorb the energy of the sun into specially designed panels which is then converted into electricity and stored.
Smaller versions of solar panels can be found in many type of landscaping lights. These have small solar collectors and can run up to 8 hours on one charge. Similar concept to solar panels.
The downside of solar power, of course, is what do you do when it’s cloudy? That’s why solar energy might be somewhat restricted to certain locations.
Wind power is simply a method of taking the power of wind, by means of a wind turbine, converting that energy into electricity and either using it right away or storing it for later use.
As with solar power wind power needs wind in order to work. The advantage of wind power over solar power is that in most locations you are probably going to have wind more often than you are going to have sunlight. Wind can happen at night too.
As technology continues to advance we will see new and more efficient methods of converting the power of wind and the power of the sun into usable electricity. Even at todays level of technology we can save around 80% on our utility bills, or more, by using wind and/or solar power to generate our own electricity.
So invest a little time and do some research to find out which source of clean energy will work best for your needs: wind or solar. You might just find that the best alternative is to combine the two.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense