In this new age of eco-friendly smart homes many of us are looking for ways to cut back on the amount of polluting fuels we use and save money at the same time.
The first thing you need to do to cut utility bills is take a walk around your home, from top to bottom. Start with the insulation and work your way down to the light bulbs you use.
If you are in the market for new appliances look for those that have an Energy Star rating. These appliances can save you money throughout their life since they are made to be more energy efficient.
Make sure any unused electronics are unplugged. Even if they are turned off they are still drawing about 90% of the electricity they would be using if they were running. If you don’t use them daily, unplug them.
Replacing your light bulbs with CFL bulbs will save you in two ways: CFL bulbs use less electricity when they are on, and they last longer so you don’t have to buy light bulbs as often.
When you do laundry try to wash clothes only in cold water. Most clothes will get clean, there are even detergents made specifically for this purpose, and you can save a lot of money since the biggest expense when you wash clothes is the energy you use to heat the water.
After your clothes are clean try to hang them to dry outside. Your dryer is a big energy hog, avoid using it whenever possible.
Another thing you can do that will really take a big bite out of your utility bill is to generate your own electricity. This can easily be done with one small roof sized wind turbine.
These can be easily built by virtually anyone yet the savings they can provide is substantial.
Start at home and start today to cut utility bills. The simple changes you make today will pay off for you for many years to come.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense