If you’re looking for ways to save money on your utility bills this winter and were wondering if DIY wind power is really a viable option, this article is for you. I will briefly explain what wind power is and what a wind turbine can and cannot do.
First of all a simple explanation of a wind turbine is that it converts energy from wind into electricity which can than be used immediately or stored for later use.
Technology will continue to advance and make this process even more efficient in the years to come, but even now the process is efficient enough to allow this form of energy to be used for households.
Many people who have installed their own wind turbines have seen savings on their utility bills of up to 80%. Take that amount out over the next 20 years and you can see that the savings will be huge.
When it comes to a small, household wind turbine your only real option is to do it yourself. Buying one and paying to have it installed just isn’t cost effective and it will take you years to recoup that investment.
But if you build it yourself you can recoup your investment in a matter of months. There are manuals you can buy that will walk you through the process of building your own turbine and you don’t need any special skills or knowledge.
The parts you need to build your own turbine can be purchased at any hardware store for less than $300. The whole assembly process will take anywhere from a few days to a week depending on how much time you can devote to the project everyday.
All in all diy wind power is a great way for you to save money on your utility bills as well as have the feeling of pride and independence that comes from doing something yourself.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense