Many of us enjoy the change of seasons, many of us don’t. No matter which side you fall on there is one thing most of us have in common: we worry about high utility bills in the winter.
But, you don’t have to worry! There are many easy things you can do to cut energy bills. Many of them don’t cost anything at all others might cost a little but they can save you even more.
Here is a list of some easy things you can do to make sure you aren’t spending any more money on your utility bills than you have to:
1. Step 1 is to make sure your house is buttoned up tight. You don’t want to let the cold winter wind in to your home, or your nice toasty air out of your home.
Make sure you have the proper ‘R’ value in insulation. If you don’t know what it should be ask someone at the local home improvement center.
Use window insulation kits to seal up old drafty windows. You can also caulk around windows and doors.
2. Now that your house is snug, make sure your furnace isn’t working harder than it needs to be. The way to do that is to hire someone to come in and give it a check up. If it needs repairs, do them.
Keep your furnace running clean and efficiently by keeping the filters clean. Replace them every month.
3. Stop buying your electricity. It is now possible for many homeowners to build their own wind turbine and generate at least a portion of their own electricity.
These turbines are small, yet they can help save you a bundle on utility costs by reducing the amount of energy you have to buy form your local utility company.
Take one, or more, of these simple steps and you can cut energy bills. You’ll save yourself a lot of money for years, and you’ll be helping out the planet at the same time.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense