Saving money on your utility bills and going green are two concepts that go hand in hand. Energy savings can easily be accomplished with just a little time and money.
The great thing about winterizing your home is that those steps will pay off big all year long, summer and winter. The tighter and more energy efficient your home is the less you’ll have to spend on your heating and cooling bills and you’ll be user fewer harmful fossil fuels.
If you really don’t know where to start I’d suggest a trip to your local hardware store. There you will find aisle after aisle of all types of products that can help you make your home energy efficient.
Here are some specific things to look for:
1. Insulation, any kind of insulation. You can add insulation to your attic, behind switch plates and outlets, around water heaters and pipes, and at the bottom of your garage door. All of these measures will allow you to keep your warm, or cool, air inside your home.
2. Window kits and caulk. Leaky windows and doors as well as gaps around windows and doors are one of the leading spots that your house will leak. Expandable foam and/caulk are easy things you can use to plug those holes. These are inexpensive fixes that can really help you save some money.
3. You won’t find this last item at the hardwares store, though all the parts you’ll need to build it will be, a wind turbine. These easy to assemble, inexpensive machines can help you save up to 80% on your electric bills. Because they’re so cheap to build and since you can save a lot of money you will be able to recoup your investment in just a month or two.
There you have it, some of the easiest, most effective energy savings ideas. None of these ideas will cost a lot of money but they will definitely save you a lot of money.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense