Reduce, reuse, and recycle is a catchy way to remember that many of the changes we can make in our going green efforts are actually pretty easy and can even save us some money.
The first step is reduce, that is easy. You can reduce the amount of items that you use that are disposable. Instead use items that can be re-used. You can reduce the amount of harmful fuels you use by driving less, keeping your car tuned up, and keeping your tires properly inflated.
And you can reduce by generating your own electricity. For only a few hundred dollars you can build your own wind turbine for your home. It’s small, efficient and easy to build yet the savings can be significant.
For step two, reuse, that is an easy step too. We have gotten a little spoiled in the last 20 to 30 years. We have gotten it the, bad, habit of buying disposable everything.
If you stop to think for a minute you’d be hard pressed to think of ten items that don’t have disposable alternatives. Everything it seems has been made to be thrown away.
We have disposable razors, disposable cigarette lighters, disposable bottles, disposable diapers, etc. The list could go on and on. The point is that we might not realize that this way of thinking isn’t good for our environment and it’s also expensive.
It may seem like nothing to spend a few dollars for a throw away cigarette lighter, and to buy a good one is expensive. But add up the ‘cheap’ lighter over the number you’d use in a year and the number of years you’ll use one and you’ll quickly see that that ‘cheap’ disposable lighter is not only bad for the environment it’s bad for your bottom line!
So starting today, make it your mission to stop throwing things away and start reusing them when possible, if it’s not possible at least recycle them. That way you can be going green and saving green at the same time.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense