If you’re interested in going green, I have great news for you. It is easy and inexpensive to do, yet it can save you thousands of dollars along with saving the planet.
There are tons of things you can do to be more environmentally responsible. Many of them cost little or nothing but can pay off big by lowering your fuel consumption and energy costs.
You’ve probably heard the saying: reduce, reuse, recycle. Well thats good advice. Below I’m going to start with reduce, and give you some ideas of what you can do to lower your energy consumption.
This is a simple concept, don’t be wasteful. Most of us were raised to not be wasteful but it seems like we’ve forgotten that lesson as we got older.
Simple things you can do to reduce would be to stop using water bottles, instead buy reusable, dishwasher safe bottles for your water.
Use reusable bags for grocery shopping and plastic containers when you pack your lunch instead of disposable bags.
Try not to drive as much, combine errands when possible. Plan out your route so you don’t have to do a lot of backtracking.
Make sure your home is energy efficient so you aren’t using more fuel than necessary to heat and cool your your house. Keep your furnace filters clean and add insulations.
One of the best ways to reduce the amount of energy you need to buy is to build your own wind turbine. This easy, one day project won’t cost more than $200 yet it can save you around 80% on your energy bills.
If going green is your goal then ‘reduce’ is the logical first step for you to take. The less you use the less of an impact you’ll have on fuel consumption and land fill waste, which is why this is a good first step to take.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense