With the economy in free fall, many people out of a job, and the approaching winter months with the accompanying high utility bills, now is a great time to consider going green. Following some simple advice can help the planet as well as help your bottom line.
There are a lot of things you can do to go green. Some things are simple and will save you a little money, other things are more involved and will save you a ton of money. It doesn’t really matter if you decide to start big or small as long as you start.
I know there are people who are just worried about hanging onto their house and it seems like just too much at this point to worry about the planet. But the thing you have to remember is that one can help the other. Helping the environment can help save you a bundle on your utility bills.
Below is a list of some simple, and not so simple, things you can do to save money. Some will pay off with bigger dividends than others, but they’ll all help.
1. Get your furnace inspected to make sure it’s running as efficiently as possible, and don’t forget to change the filters every month.
2. Install a programmable thermostat. This may not sound like a lot but it can add up big. No one wants to pay to keep their house really warm when they’re not home.
3. Take advantage of the tax credit and install energy efficient windows and doors.
4. Build your own wind turbine to supply 60% of your own electricity. It only costs $200 and you don’t need any special skills.
I hope this brief list has helped get you thinking. Saving money on utility bills is one great way of going green and it will save you a lot of money too. That way you and the planet both win.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense