Unfortunately for many this year, this autumn season won’t be about enjoying the beauty of the changing leaves, but rather about worrying how they are going to pay their utility bills during the winter. Going green can help save some money all winter, and all year long. Start today.
Summer, as always, seemed to just fly by. Now that our attention is turning from outside to inside it’s time to take stock of our home and try to figure out what we can do to get the biggest bang for our utility buck this winter.
There are literally dozens of things you can do to save some money on your electric bills, some of them are big and will save you thousands, others are smaller and will save you hundreds. Either way make as many changes as you can now and you’ll save money not only over the winter but for years to come.
Some of the easier, less expensive changes you can make are:
1. Unplug unused electronics. You may not realize it but even if they’re not turned on they are still in stand-by mode and they are still drawing electricity, so you are still paying for using them. Just unplug them.
2. Replace your burnt out light bulbs with energy saving light bulbs. You can buy a bunch now and go through your house, or you can just wait until a bulb burns out to replace it.
3. Get a programmable thermostat.
All of these things will save you a few hundred dollars over the course of the year. If you want more savings than you should consider these things:
1. Install energy efficient windows and doors.
2. Increase the amount of insulation you have in your home.
3. Build your own wind turbine. Some of these wind energy kits can reduce your elctric bill by more than half.
As you can see, you do have options when it comes to saving money on your utility bills and going green. You can start as big, or as small, as you want. The important thing is that you start today.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense