Saving money on utility bills and going green isn’t rocket science. There are many things you can do to cut back on your energy consumption. Some of the things you can do are fairly big and will save you big, other’s are smaller and will have less of an impact. Using wind energy is one of the big things you can do.
Even though our society is technologically advanced, we still aren’t the first to realize the power of the wind and to find ways to harness that power. The difference is that our technology has allowed us to harness it much more efficiently, and even allows us to store it for later use.
A wind turbine is simply a more advanced version of the wind mills that have been around for centuries. The energy of the wind is converted to electricity which can than be used or stored in batteries for later use.
While that is a simplistic explanation of what a turbine does you get the idea. The point is that you can use this same technology in your own backyard, literally.
Todays technology has made it possible for you to install a turbine in your yard or on your roof and generate up to 60% of your homes electricity needs. As technology continues to advance that number will most likely go up.
If you want a wind turbine you have two choices, you can buy one or build one. If you buy one be aware that it can cost anywhere from $600 all the way up to $12,000.
Another way to go is to build it yourself. It’s an easy process and you don’t need any special training. It will only take a few days and a few hundred dollars.
No matter which way you go, build your own or buy one, a wind turbine is a great way to harness wind energy and save a lot of money on your utility bills, not just this year but for years to come.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense