A lot of people have considered having a wind turbine installed in their yard but have been scared off by the cost. After all, how many years will it take to save enough on your energy bills to recoup the investment of the turbine?
With the prices of turbines running from between $600 and $10,000 it will take a long time to get that investment back.
You also need to consider how long you are planning to live in the house. Obviously if you know that you might be moving in a year or two that type of investment probably wouldn’t make much sense.
If, on the other hand, you are planning to live in your home for the rest of your life it might be money well spent. You will have a lot of time to get back your initial investment.
It is important to be realistic about how much electricity your turbine will actually be able to produce. You won’t be able to completely cut your utility company out of your life, but you can realistically see savings of up to 80% on your utility bills.
If spending $600 to $10,000 is simply too much for your budget at this point, you don’t need to give up. The truth is that many homeowners are building their own wind turbines for only a few hundred dollars.
The parts can be found in any hardware store and the whole building process won’t take more than a few days. With such a small investment you will be able to re-coup that in only a few months.
Using the wind to generate power is not a new concept. Think off all the windmills that have been around for centuries. If you think that it’s time you got in on the action and want to have your own wind turbine you’ve picked a great time. Buy one or build your own and start saving money today and for years to come.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense
- Wind Energy - Turbines For Home Use