Saving money and saving the environment seem to be on most everyones mind these days. The great thing is you can do both at the same time. There is an inexpensive way that you can get electricity from wind and you can do it all right at home.
Many people are becoming aware that they can use a wind turbine to capture the energy of the wind and convert it into electricity. More and more of these turbines are popping up in backyards all over the country.
Unless you have very deep pockets, and/or plan on staying in your house for 10 or more years, buying a turbine most likely wouldn’t be the best way for you to go. They are expensive and it will take you a long time to recoup that investment.
It is a good idea, however, to build your own turbine. The technology has advanced to the point where turbines can be small enough to fit in your backyard yet still be able to generate enough electricity to cover around 60% of your household needs.
By building your own you get the best of both worlds: low initial cost (you therefore can recoup your money much more quickly, usually in a matter of months), and the ability to save upwards of 80% on your utility bills.
If you decide to build your own turbine there are three basic steps you need to take:
1. Buy a manual that will show you how to build it in easy step by step directions.
2. Purchase the parts you will need to assemble your turbine. These parts can be bought at your hardware store for around $200.
3. Set aside a day or two to assemble your turbine.
That’s it. You’re done. You now have a way to get electricity from wind and save a lot of money on your utility bills for years to come.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense