Even though renewable energy sources such as wind and sun have been around for centuries, it’s only now becoming viable for use by the average homeowner.
It used to be that bigger was better when it came to wind power, and that is still largely true. The bigger the turbine the more electricity you can generate.
But with some advancements in the method used to convert that energy into electricity a smaller turbine now makes sense.
Of course one small turbine isn’t going to produce the same amount of electricity as a giant turbine, it can still help you save on your utility bills, significantly.
If you choose to buy your turbine that savings will evaporate pretty quickly. Purchasing a turbine will cost you $1,000 and up, so it will take you a long time to get that money back.
It’s best if you build your own turbine for a few hundred dollars. The homemade turbine will still generate the same amount of electricity as one you buy, but with a much smaller upfront cost you’ll get your money back in months instead of years.
It is easy to find a book that will show you how to build your turbine. This is a project that virtually anyone can do. You don’t need to know anything about it.
All the parts you need can be bought locally for around $200.
Even though building your own turbine is cheap, the amount you save on your energy bills is substantial. Most people see a savings of up to 80%. When you factor that out over years, you can see the potential of using this energy source for your house.
So if you want to use renewable energy sources such as wind power, you couldn’t have picked a better time. We’ve advanced to the point where even one small turbine can help you save a lot of money on your energy bills.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense