When it comes to using renewable power to help you save money on your utility bills you need to know that it is possible. There are many sources of clean, renewable energy sources: solar, wind, geothermal, to name a few.
Not all of these sources will work equally well for everyone in every location. Some of them will need certain environmental and climate conditions to really be an effective method to generate electricity.
Solar power will of course need an area of the country that has a lot of sunny days. It won’t work on overcast days so trying to install it in an area that doesn’t get very many sunny days a year would be a waste of time and money.
One thing to note: even in the sunniest climate you still have night. So for at least 12 hours every single day you won’t be able to generate electricity using solar power.
To successfully use wind power you need to have an area that is fairly open. Having a lot of tall buildings or big trees will block the flow of the wind and greatly reduce the effectiveness of the wind turbine. Of course this problem can be overcome in some instances by placing the turbine up high, either on a roof or on a tall support column.
You do have to keep in mind the limitations of alternative fuel sources at this time. The technology, while greatly improved, still isn’t efficient enough to squeeze every last ‘drop’ of energy out of these sources. For this reason you won’t be able to generate all the electricity your household needs from one or two solar panels or one wind turbine.
Having said that though it is possible to generate around 60% of what you’d need on a daily basis. And since you can easily, and cheaply, build your own solar panels and wind turbine it is still well worth doing.
The bottom line is that renewable power sources are here now so you might as well take advantage of them to save some money.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense