There are many easy things that you can start doing today to save money on electricity, not just this winter, but all year long. The nice thing about finding ways to cut utility costs is that it is also good for the planet. You get to save yourself some money while doing some good. That’s truly a win/win.
Finding ways to make your home more energy efficient is as easy as going to your local hardware or home improvement store and just walk up and down the aisles and you’ll find dozens, maybe hundreds, of products that will help you ‘tighten’ up your home and diminish the amount of heat that seeps out of your home.
The first thing you’ll want to do is make sure your furnace is running in tip top shape. If it’s not running properly it will have to work harder, and use more fuel, to heat your house. You should have it inspected by a professional and fix whatever isn’t working properly.
It doesn’t matter how efficiently your furnace is running is your house leaks. If you don’t have enough insulation or if your windows or doors have gaps and leaks you will still be paying to heat air that is just escaping out of your house, and that is not efficient.
So after you make sure your furnace is working properly take some time to evaluate where you might need to add some insulation. The attic would be a good place to start since heat rises and that is a huge area where your heat can escape.
If you come home in the winter and notice all the snow has melted off of your roof while it’s still on the neighbors roofs that could be an indication that you don’t have enough insulation in your attic and you won’t save money on electricity.
And if you want to save even more on your utility bills you might want to consider spending a little time and around $195 dollars and build your own wind turbine. You can save 80% on your utility bills.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense