We’ve all heard how our lifestyles haven’t been very good to the planet. Many of
us are willing and ready to change our ways. We just need some guidance. There
is a lot of information out there and it’s not always easy to know the best ways
of going green.
I’ve compiled a list of some of the things you can do at home or work that are
environmentally responsible,you can do some or all of them. The more you do, the
bigger the positive impact on the planet.
1. Drive less. Try to combine errands so you don’t have to backtrack. When you
do drive make sure your car is in good condition. Things like a clean air filter
and properly inflated tires can make a big difference.
2. Buy reusable water bottles and grocery bags. The less you have to through
away the better.
3. Turn down your thermostat at home. Even a few degrees can make a big impact
on your utility bill. Also make sure your furnace is running properly, have it
inspected by a qualified professional. And don’t forget to change those filters
4. Add insulation and energy efficient windows and doors. A lot of the heat your
house loses is right out your windows and through the roof. You might even be
eligible for a tax credit of up to $1,500.
5.Use nature as much as possible. When the sun is out open your curtains and
allow the sunlight to heat up your house. Make sure to close the curtains at
night so the warm air stays inside.
6. Generate your own electricity by installing solar panels or a wind turbine.
Both projects can be done by you for little money but the savings can be
Going green isn’t difficult or expensive, it can help the planet and save you a
lot of money. Just pick a few things from the list above, or your own ideas, and
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense