Saving money is on the top of everyones list these days. With winter just around the corner many of our thoughts are turning to ways of cutting energy bills. Don’t panic, you don’t have to worry about how to pay your bills, there are some easy things you can do to save money.
If you are a little unsure of where to start a trip to your local home improvement store should be able to get your imagination going. There are thousands of products to help you weather proof your house and they are all fairly inexpensive.
I have also put together a list that will help you with some ideas you can start using now. Some ideas are easy and won’t cost you much money while others are a little more involved and may cost a little up front, but they will save you a lot of money in the long run.
1. Make sure you have enough insulation. There are many places you can put insulation besides just your attic. There are insulated blankets you can use for your water heater, as well as your pipes, behind your switch plates, to name a few.
2. If you install a programmable thermostat you can keep your house at a comfortable temperature while saving on electricity.
Since the temperature can be lowered automatically when you’re not there and raised again right before you get home you will save money, and make your home more comfortable. Think of how nice it will be to wake up to a nice toasty house.
3. Another thing you can do is to find ways to generate your own electricity. There are two main ways to do that: solar power and wind power.
You can easily build your own turbine from home with readily available materials you can buy at the hardware store for around $200.
Take full advantage of the power of the wind for cutting energy bills and you will save all year long.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense