More than ever people are looking for ways to save the environment as well as save themselves some money. Using alternative, clean, and renewable energy sources is a good way to accomplish both. Wind power is one of the best alternative energy sources today, and here are some reasons why.
1. Obviously one of the main advantages is the fact that the more energy we can get from clean sources the less we’ll have to rely on dirty fossil fuels for our energy needs.
2. Wind is an ongoing resource, we don’t have to worry about running out of it.
3. Wind energy is very clean. There is no negative impact on the environment when using wind as an energy source.
4. For a few hundred dollars and a few days of your time you can easily build your own wind turbine to harness the energy of the wind. All the supplies you will need can be purchased at your local hardware store.
5. You don’t have to worry about someone three blocks over having a car accident and hitting a utility pole leaving the whole neighborhood in darkness, you will have your own energy source.
6. If you have enough land you could build a mini wind farm and sell any surplus electricity you generate back to the utility companies. How neat would that be, having the utility company pay you?
7. One small turbine can generate approximately 60% of the electricity you will need to power your home. While not enough to allow you to go off the grid, it is enough to see significant savings on your utility bills.
These are just a few of the advantages of using wind power to provide electricity to your home. If you want to get started taking advantage of this great opportunity, there is no time like the present.