Windmills have been popular in many places around the world for thousands of years. They were used to help pump water and grind wheat. Thanks to advances in technology we now are able to maximize wind power and use it to generate electricity for our households.
If you’ve ever seen the huge wind farms around the country you have some idea of what I’m talking about. It can really be impressive looking around at miles and miles of gigantic wind mills all working to provide us with clean safe energy.
The nice thing is that we now have advanced enough with technology so that we can utilize the same concept on a smaller scale and bring wind energy home.
We can build a wind turbine and install it in our own backyard and generate around 60% of the energy our homes will need. The turbines are small enough to fit up on your rooftop yet are still quite powerful.
In order to build your own turbine you don’t need any special skills, training, or special tools. All the parts you will need can be purchased right from your local hardware or home improvement store for around $200.
The turbines can be assembled in a few hours to a few days depending on how much time you have to devote to the project every day.
While one turbine won’t be able to provide all the energy you will need it can significantly cut your reliance on your local utility company and cut your bill by as much as 80%.
The bottom line is that for a small investment of time and money you can harness wind power and use it to save money on your utility bills as well as help save the environment. Sounds like a good deal to me.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense