For anyone who is interested in saving money and is considering investing in alternative energy sources for your home you have probably narrowed your choices down between wind power and solar power.
Both are good sources of renewable energy and pretty reasonable in price. To utilize one, or both, of these energy sources can really help you take a chunk out of your utility bills.
Solar power is probably the most recognizable of the two. Solar panels have been on rooftops for many years. While it is an effective energy source, it does have it’s drawbacks.
One of the biggest, and most obvious, is that no matter how sunny your climate is you still have night,and you won’t be generating any energy for at least 10 hours every single day.
Wind energy can be converted to electricity by using a wind turbine to gather and convert that energy into electricity.
When I say wind turbine you might immediately picture a huge windmill, but now, thanks to advances in technology, you can get an efficient turbine that will be small enough to fit on your roof or in your backyard and still save a lot on your utility bills.
Turbines can work day or night but they do need an open area so they can get a steady supply of wind.
For many people a combination of wind and solar power may be the best way to go. By combining both you can fully utilize the most weather conditions: if it’s night time you can get energy from your turbine, and if it’s a calm sunny day you can get energy from your solar panels.
The bottom line is that the technology exists to convert solar power and wind power into electricity on a scale small enough for you to use for your home energy needs.
It’s cheap, easy and can save you a lot of money.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense