Saving money and going green seem to be on everyone’s minds these days. The neat thing is you can do both at the same time. Many of the things that will help out the planet are also good for your bank account and installing a domestic wind turbine is right at the top of the list.
Before you do anything though it’s important that you have a realistic concept of what your wind turbine can do and what it can’t do. For one thing, if you want to generate your own electricity and be completely off the grid, you will need more than one turbine.
One turbine will be enough to generate about 60% of the energy you’ll need but it won’t do it all. Adding another turbine, or two, or some solar panels will give you a better chance to make enough electricity to completely sever your ties to your utility company.
Another thing you have to be aware of is that buying a turbine most likely won’t work. Why? Because a ‘store bought’ unit is just too expensive. It will take you years to recoup that investment. If you are planning on staying in your home for a long time and/or you have the money this option may work for you, but for many people this isn’t a viable option.
The good news is that building your own is very easy. You don’t need special training or tools, you just need a manual to follow, about $200 in parts, and a few hours of spare time.
That’s it. That’s all you need in order to build your own turbine and save around 80% off of your electric bill.
So if you want your own domestic wind turbine you should easily be able to build one this weekend. It’s well worth the time and money you’ll invest in it not only in energy savings but in pride as well.
- Free Wind Energy Savings-Saving Your Money And The Planet At The Same Time
- Should You Build A Wind Turbine For Your Home?
- Wind Power Will Cut Energy Bills Year Round Plus 5 Other Easy Steps
- Wind Energy And Your Electronic Devices Can Save You Money
- Cut Energy Bills - Do A Home Energy Audit And Harvest Wind Energy
- Use Wind Power To Go Green, And Save Green
- How Much Will It Cost You To Build Your Own Wind Turbine?
- Should I Install A Wind Turbine At Home?
- How You Can Slash Your Electric Bill With Wind Power And Common Sense